Book Title: We Are Never Meeting in Real Life.: Essays
Release Date: 2017-05-30
Author: Samantha Irby
*A New York Times Bestseller*
- Meaty: Essays by Samantha Irby, Creator of the Blog BitchesGottaEat
- The Wrong Way to Save Your Life: Essays
- One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter: Essays
- Her Body and Other Parties: Stories
- They Can't Kill Us Until They Kill Us
- The Awkward Thoughts of W. Kamau Bell: Tales of a 6' 4", African American, Heterosexual, Cisgender, Left-Leaning, Asthmatic, Black and Proud Blerd, Mama's Boy, Dad, and Stand-Up Comedian
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
- Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body
- Sour Heart: Stories
Sometimes you just have to laugh, even when life is a dumpster fire.
With We Are Never Meeting in Real Life.
, “bitches gotta eat” blogger and comedian Samantha Irby turns the serio-comic essay into an art form. Whether talking about how her difficult childhood has led to a problem in making “adult” budgets, explaining why she should be the new Bachelorette—she's "35-ish, but could easily pass for 60-something"—detailing a disastrous pilgrimage-slash-romantic-vacation to Nashville to scatter her estranged father's ashes, sharing awkward sexual encounters, or dispensing advice on how to navigate friendships with former drinking buddies who are now suburban moms—hang in there for the Costco loot—she’s as deft at poking fun at the ghosts of her past self as she is at capturing powerful emotional truths.